DON’T FORGET: GAMETIME IS 3 PM TODAY on CSN
The Washington Capitals will be looking for their third win on the road this afternoon against the Winnipeg Jets. The Caps come into the matchup as the Metropolitan Division leader while the Jets continue their struggles with a 6-4-1 record at home. The Jets power play has been reasonably strong and the Caps will have to tighten up their game to keep off the PK. But lets not forget that Alexander Ovechkin has earned more points against the Jets than any other NHL team, according to the Washington Capitals.
According to Isabelle Khurshudyan, Marcus Johansson is a game-time decision, having left practice on Friday with a “little tweek.” It is possible that Andre Burakovsky will move up into his place on the second line and Stanislav Galiev will be in on one of the lower lines. Stay tuned fans for a last minute update. (Check our Twitter @InColdPlacesDc)
Going into this afternoon’s game we must ask:
- Can the Caps continue their game winning streak and make it seven in a row?
- Will Evgeny Kuznetsov and Dmitry Orlov again score against the Jets and send the Caps home with a 7th straight win?
- Will Ovi continue his tradition of chalking up points against Winnipeg?
- If in, will Galiev score his first goal of the season?
- Will we have a Russian kvartet or troika force on the ice today?
What to Watch for Tonight:
Justin Williams: One point to go to reach 600 career HNL points.
John Carlson: One goal away from a career high of 50 NHL goals.
Marcus Johansson: One point away from a career high 200 points.
Stanislav Galiev: Has yet to score his first goal this season.